Chaos;Head – Episode 1

chaos_head_ep_1_011

The first episode of Chaos;Head is finally out and make sure you guys get it from your usual torrent sites ^^. After some deep thinking (well.. not really), I have decided to blog about it and do weekly episode summary. For those who missed my Chaos;Head preview, you can check it out in my previous post.

chaos_head_ep_1_006

First episode always brings us a lot of unanswered questions and I am no exception since I have not played the visual novel game yet so I have no idea how the story goes. In addition, I will do my best to not spoil anything and if I accidentally do, I apologize in advanced ^^;;. If you don’t want to have a chance to be spoiled, don’t read more this article until you watch the episode ^^.

chaos_head_ep_1_013

Best invention ever. 2D anime girl comes out alive and wakes you up in the morning.

The story is about a guy named Takumi Nishijou , a pure otaku who only loves 2D girl and he lives in a trailer/container on a rooftop of some building. He needs to get out more obviously (as we all do ^^;;). At school, he is pratically non-existence and invisible to everyone except his friend , Misumi.

chaos_head_ep_1_024

Kawaii Imouto ^^

Takumi has a younger sister named Nanami who apparently visits him from time to time to clean his place which is messy , dirty and it stinks. Basically it has an otaku smell ^^;;.

chaos_head_ep_1_031

http://www.gazouup.com/bbs/images/168501.jpg does not exist,btw ;p

In his town, mysterious mass murders happens and it all involves young people. The incident is called the Madness of New Generation abbreviated to New-Gene. One day, he receives a bunch of image links for some weirdos on an internet chat channel and he accidentally clicks on one of the image showing a murder scene.

chaos_head_ep_1_032

Poor guy

On the next day, the murder really happens and Takumi sees it happening with his own eyes. A young school girl covered in blood stands in front of the murdered man and she holds knives.

chaos_head_ep_1_038

Stab stab stab stab ?

Due to the terrifying incident, Taku couldn’t get his mind off of it and he starts having negative thoughts of a girl turning into a monster even though she does not even do anything.

chaos_head_ep_1_046

All 3D women are evil ^^

Few days later, as Taku arrives at his classroom, he has to face undescribable turn of event and he is too shock to say anything.

chaos_head_ep_1_062

His eyes are about to pop out ^^;;

More screen captures

Opening: “FDD” by Kanako Ito

I like the opening from the visual novel game better than the anime version and it’s super catchy ^^

Ending: “Super Special” by Seira Kagami

The ED is quite catchy also especially the first part of the song. It has a nice tune and would be perfect for my iPhone ring tone ;p

10 comments for “Chaos;Head – Episode 1

1. M12
    October 11, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I thought this was just another moe show. But it turned out that this is scary as heck :O. I’m gonna keep watching this.

Saku you need to join VJutsu :)… find out about it on my blog.

M12s last blog post..We’re moving – let’s go!

2. Q
    October 11, 2008 at 11:23 pm

I didn’t expect it’d be an otaku running into such potential dangers. Is this supposed to be quite a dark series? Won’t have time to watch so many series, but may track some episodic reviews of it from time to time.

Qs last blog post..Gunpla winners in SEED Frame Astrays

3. October 12, 2008 at 12:18 am

@m12: Not just another moe show. Serious stuff :P
    @Q: The theme is quite dark from the impression I got watching the 1st episode. ANN listed the genres as horror, psychological, romance, science fiction, supernatural, thriller.

4. October 12, 2008 at 2:09 am

Yeah it is supposed to be a dark theme but the otaku-ness is lolwtf. I liked the first episode and will continue watching, but according to Sankaku Complex the VN was better than the anime. Still it was good enough for me.

Panthers last blog post..Saimoe Round 3 Day 2 Results & Day 3 Matchups

5. Rin
    October 12, 2008 at 3:52 am

I do agree, best invention ever….2D girl comes alive…
    I wish that was an invention in the real world…
    So far, it’s an okay anime…
    I’m not saying that it’s bad, I’m waiting on ep 2…
    Bloody scenes!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

Rins last blog post..Thanksgiving Figure Pick!!!

6. October 12, 2008 at 4:19 am

Wow.! I think it’s a romantic anime, yet it’s a horror scary anime. lol.

Gotta try it out.. ^^;

Sandy-kuns last blog post..Naruto 420 Manga Review

7. October 12, 2008 at 9:59 am

@Panther: It’s an interesting mix of otaku + dark theme. If the VN is good then the anime should be at least decent. Besides as you said, the anime looks good enough and promising so far since I don’t think I have a chance to play the game since it’s in JP.

@Rin: I do agree with you. Hard to judge an anime whether it’s good or bad from the 1st episode. We’ll how episode 2 goes

@Sandy-kun: It looks like a romantic anime due to cute character designs ^^;. Looks can be deceiving I guess.

8. October 13, 2008 at 9:31 am

Hmm, reminds me of TYPE-MOON…I’m definitely enjoying it so far. Also, I hope the final patch for the game comes out by the time the series ends; it would be nice to follow up the conclusion with the source material.

ETERNALs last blog post..VJutsu – The Anime/Gaming/Nerd Community of the Rebellion

9. October 13, 2008 at 12:47 pm

It looks promising, I’ll add that to my “to watch when I have time” list.

10. October 15, 2008 at 6:38 am

@Eternal: You have played the game ?

@GNdynames: Couple episodes and it will be in your ‘absolute watch list’ ;p