Toronto Bloggers Meet-Up

Image via Gelbooru

Thanks to Rin for organizing this event despite his busy schedule with school and ACG Na for sponsoring this event. This event is pretty much inspired by Danny Choo who has held several bloggers meet up such as this one.

Image via Gelbooru

The purpose is to meet up with fellow otakus, gamers, anime fans, etc etc and make some new friends who similar interests. along the way but the most important thing is just to chill and have fun in general.

The meet up will be held on Friday, December 19th at Hot Pot King and Club 300 Bowl. The place is located at 146 Old Kennedy Road, Markham, Ontario. The event will start at 8:00 pm to 10pm (or longer depending on you are going to play bowling afterward or not).

This event has a limited seating of 40 so if you are planning to attend, please rsvp as soon as possible before December 12th at ACG NA Facebook event page.

So far the bloggers/otaku that will come for sure are myself, Rin, GNdynames, litokid , ETERNAL and Fumika.

10 comments for “Toronto Bloggers Meet-Up

1. December 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Woo, a Canadian meetup. Nice. We have been having a few here in SG, nice to see other countries following. I hope to help my US folks in team Blue organize at least one too, but US is also difficult. :\

Panthers last blog post..Manga Review 1- GodChild * The Whole Series*

2. Dorne
    December 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Have fun guys. Do you have a list of Canadian bloggers somewhere?

3. December 5, 2008 at 11:48 pm

@ Dorne: Sadly, not that I know of; I’m pretty sure we just get to know each other from word of mouth. I know the couple at Koibito Anime said that they’re from Toronto and Fang-tan (Loli Salad) is from Manitoba, but that’s about all I can think of off hand.

Also, I didn’t know that ACG was involved…does Rin know them or something, or are these things easier to organize than I first thought?

ETERNALs last blog post..ef – a tale of melodies [ep 8]

4. December 6, 2008 at 12:03 am

@Panther: Yep , hopefully we can do this on monthly or bi-monthly basis depending on the interests. How often do you guys meet up there ?

@Dorne: Unfortunately,I don’t know any list and as ETERNAL said, it’s mostly from worth of mouth. In addition, one of the reason, Rin and I posted in my blog, is to get more people for the meet up. The more the merrier ^^.

@ETERNAL: Yah, we both know them. Originally, I think Rin only planned to have 25 people max but then with ACG’s involvement , it went up to 40. It’s hard to organize these events than they seem to be.

5. December 6, 2008 at 1:30 am

You know, using imagemagick for resizing images isn’t such a bad idea.

Mihas last blog post..「RIDEBACK」 PV

6. December 7, 2008 at 11:53 am

Sounds fun and interesting. It is tempting, but I am still waiting to see my schedule.

yumyus last blog post..Demitri’s

7. December 9, 2008 at 1:46 am

Saku, monthly or a few times a month, but it depends, really. Sometimes we do not meet up at all, since we have IRC.

8. December 9, 2008 at 9:29 pm

@yumyu: Hopefully you can make it.

@Panther: Ah you guys hang out on IRC. We only got 7 people so far for the meet-up. Hopefully, we can get more people before the date ^^.

9. December 12, 2008 at 12:33 am

Hm… not ridiculously close, but pretty close. I’ll see if I can find time.

intros last blog post..Classical music in motion

10. December 13, 2008 at 2:03 am

@intro: would be great if you can make it ^^

Send a thought or two